There’s something about the age of instant access to information that makes each of us hungry to be an expert. It translates differently for everyone. For coffee lovers, the technological revolution has awarded each of us with the power to enjoy the pleasures of both drinking great coffee and creating great coffee.
Thanks to the Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso Machine, that power has now been extended to espresso. Thanks to this amazing device, any of can at least appear to be an espresso expert – even though all it really takes is the touch of a button.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Makes the Mr. Coffee Café Barista Different
- 2 Top Features of the Mr. Coffee Café Barista
- 3 What Do Purchased Customers Love About It?
- 4 What Do Purchased Customers Not Love About It?
- 5 Who Should Buy It?
- 6 Who Should Not Buy It?
- 7 The Bottom Line – Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso and Cappuccino Maker Review
What Makes the Mr. Coffee Café Barista Different
There are many great espresso machines on the market. Some of them allow you a great deal of creative control. Others provide the ability to make great espresso on the go. Still others don’t even require you to measure out your grounds.
The Mr. Coffee Café Barista is different from other espressos in that, while it’s completely automated, it does require you to measure out your own grounds. By completely automated, we mean that not only will it deliver espresso at the touch of a button, but it also shoots out a mountain of frothed milk without you learning anything about latte-making. That’s what really sets this machine apart: it truly does everything for you.
Top Features of the Mr. Coffee Café Barista
- 9 lbs.
- 12 x 14 x 12.2 in.
- Single- or double-shot espresso
- Single- or double-shot cappuccino
- Single- or double-shot latte
- 15 bar pump pressure
- Integrated milk container that delivers froth directly into the cup
- Manual espresso and milk froth modes so you can practice your own barista skills
- 55-ounce capacity removable water reservoir for no-hassle espresso
- Removable drip tray for handy cleaning; raises to facilitate demitasse cups for espresso
- Comes with recipe manual for 10 delicious types of espresso
- 3 colors: stainless steel, white and red
Performance & Capacity
This attractive machine offers immediate espresso instantly. Simply insert either a single or double filter basket into the portafilter and add your grounds. Tamp them down with the integrated tamper on the back of the scoop. Make sure the basket is fitted correctly in the portafilter, and insert the portafilter into place, locking it by pushing it to the right so the handle faces straight out.
Fill your milk container with your desired milk, and insert it into place on the right side of the machine. Stick your cup under the spout and push the milk frother nozzle so it’s pointing into the cup. Select espresso, cappuccino, or latte, and push the appropriate button – once for a single or twice for a double.
Once you’ve done that, simply relax and wait a few seconds for the milk to begin frothing. Once the milk is almost finished, the espresso will begin shooting into the cup. Within seconds, your delicious espresso will be ready, and you can add whatever flavoring you desire.
This machine features an automatic cutoff feature.
The Mr. Coffee Café Barista is easy to clean. What would seem the most difficult part to clean, the milk frother, is actually the easiest thanks to the handy steam clean feature.
To clean the frother, place an empty cup under the nozzle, set the froth dial to “clean,” and hold down the “clean” button (where you’d select “latte”).
The portafilter and filter baskets should be cleaned after each use with warm, soapy water. These metal parts are not dishwasher safe. Unused milk can be stored in the integrated milk container directly in the refrigerator. Once it’s empty, it should be washed thoroughly. The drip tray should also be washed after every use. You can wipe under the espresso spout, taking care to avoid scalds. You can wipe down the surface of the machine with a damp cloth.
This machine includes a one-year limited warranty.
What types of coffee can I make with this machine?
This machine can be adapted to just about any type of coffee you could imagine. While it doesn’t make iced coffees the orthodox way – by cold brewing overnight – it’s completely possible to shoot your espresso into the cup of ice, thanks to the variable height drip tray.
The three settings on the front of the machine are espresso, cappuccino, and latte. To make a coffee, you can add the desired water to make your espresso less potent.
What Do Purchased Customers Love About It?
- It doesn’t get any simpler than the Mr. Coffee Café Barista. Especially if you’re a fan of cappuccinos and lattes, the one-touch automation of this machine means that no matter how groggy you are, you can enjoy a consistent, quality shot of espresso every morning with a minimum of effort.
- Customers appreciate the adaptability of this machine. With adjustable frothing control, variable drip tray heights, and easy-to-select strength settings, even a novice can quickly master the espresso maker.
- For customers who required assistance, they found that Mr. Coffee’s customer service department were quite responsive and accommodating.
What Do Purchased Customers Not Love About It?
- This machine isn’t commercial grade. When using it heavily, it can wear out quicker than other brands.
- The Café Barista can lose pressurization if you aren’t careful to descale it regularly.
- While it’s completely user error, it can be a big mess if you forget to turn the milk nozzle toward the cup. A catch or reminder would be helpful so you don’t get scalding milk all over the machine in the event you neglect to turn it correctly.
Who Should Buy It?
The Mr. Coffee Café Barista is perfect for any espresso lover who wants to use their own ground coffee without having to buy expensive pods. It’s also great for beginners who don’t want to study and experiment every time they brew a cup.
Who Should Not Buy It?
While the Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker does make great espresso quickly, it’s probably not for people who don’t want to take the time to grind their own beans. It’s also not the machine for those trying to improve their barista skills, since it doesn’t offer control over pump pressure or water temperature.
The Bottom Line – Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso and Cappuccino Maker Review
This is an excellent espresso maker for anyone who wants an affordable, simple espresso every morning. It offers delicious results consistently. Even full-time baristas who don’t want to think too hard when preparing their own pick-me-up can enjoy the simplicity of the Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso Maker. We think you will, too.